Nepal Urban study Centre
( An urban centre of excellence)
Nepal urban study Centre @Green Institute has been introduced to be developed as an urban center of excellence and urban innovation centre in Nepal. Nepal urban study Centre will attempt to be the center of education, learning, knowledge development & sharing,capacity development, idea generation, information dissemination, urban research & analysis, policy discourse. The Centre will be a major platform for young people, government officials, city leaders, scholars, students, policymakers, practitioners, and all concerned stakeholders to meet, interact and seek solutions to critical urban challenges and problems. The centre will serve as a hub for urban scholars, students, policymakers and practitioners to learn, share and apply innovative solutions.
The Centre works to strengthen knowledge, skills, and potentialities of individuals/professionals and governmental/non-governmental institutions including urban developmental stakeholders for sustainable urban planning, design, development and management in Nepal. Nepal urban study centre also promotes the UN Sustainable Development Goal-11 (sustainable cities & communities).
Nepal urban study Centre @Green Institute conducts following activities:
- Nepal urban study program for International students/scholars
- Short course on smart city
- Short course on urban governance
- Tailor-made courses
- Urban events (talk-show, conference, seminar, workshop, discussion, discourse etc.)
- Capacity development/training activities
- Urban research and analysis
- Monitoring, evaluation & learning of urban projects
- Urban Learning and sharing
- Urban innovation