Study & Research Centre @Green Institute
Green Institute attempts to be a leading Study and research centre for sustainable development in Nepal. On the basis of in-depth study and research, the Green Institute develops developmental policies and programs, offers policy advise, develop practical and scientific solutions to developmental problems and educates/informs the public. The Green Institute, in coordination with or with the support of other national and international institutions conducts study, research, survey, assessment, review and analysis on social, cultural, environmental, economical and sustainable developmental issues.
Our Study and Research areas/expertise:
- Environment(natural resources & biodiversity)
- Climate Change & Natural disasters
- Environmental Health
- Environmental security
- Environmental policies & politics
- Environmental Governance
- Environmental Diplomacy
- Environmental Conflict
- Environmental/green Economy
- Sustainable, inclusive, resilient & green cities
- Urban planning, design & development
- Urban Governance
- Urban Poverty/slum issues
- Urban Youth unemployment & entrepreneurship
- Access to land and Land tenure security
- Land management/governance
- Agriculture, food and nutritional security
- Sustainable/renewable Energy
For study, research and survey, the Green Institute offers opportunities to and engage young students through a system of placements as Research Interns. The young interns are guided by Research Officer & External Research Consultant.
Green Institute executed Action-research:
In 2013 July, the Green Institute executed UN-Habitat funded “Youth-led action research on Land” project. TNW Nepal commissioned the Green Institute to implement the research project, funded by the UN- Habitat and GLTN. One of the key outputs of the project was the Youth and Land Responsiveness Criteria tool (YLRC). The purpose of the Youth and Land Responsiveness Criteria tool is to ensure that youth and land issues are integrated into land programs and projects in a systematic and comprehensive way, in order to achieve secure tenure for all.